On behalf of our Vancouver based client, TalentPartners.js is looking for a Computer Vision Engineer for a full-time, permanent opportunity.
Established recently, our client has already gained exceptional momentum and become one of Vancouver's most promising teams to watch in 2016.
Venture-backed, with offices also in the US, the team has been mentioned in many of North America's most well known business publications, in regards to their vast potential. One of their founders was also recently listed as one of the Top 30 under 30 by Forbes Magazine.
They are now looking for an experienced Computer Vision Engineer to help develop cutting edge computer vision algorithms.
- Research and develop computer vision algorithms working closely with the bio-mechanical, design, hardware and software engineers to ensure the output of your algorithms feed into the system as expected
- Develop ways to test and tune the software in a repeatable and automatable way
- Specify requirements for cameras and placement of these cameras on the mobile devices to maximize their usefulness
- Work with the engineering teams to evaluate any trade-offs between different approaches
- Be known for the ability to design with discipline, elegance and efficiency
- Have the ability to create complete packages, which include test procedures, performance metrics, and automatable capabilities
- Be fanatical about automated testing and continuous deployment into test and production environments
- Update job knowledge by studying state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques, and computing equipment; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations
- BS / MS / Ph.D. specializing in Computer Vision or equivalent experience
- 3+ years’ experience designing, implementing and tuning computer vision algorithms
- Self-motivated, result-oriented, flexible individual with strong communication and leadership skills
- Experience with automated unit and integration testing
- Experience applying machine learning to analyze real world data
- Experience with OpenCV or other CV frameworks/libraries
- Image processing and optimization frameworks
- Experience with state estimation using physical systems and hardware sensors
Great to have:
- Experience with cloud applications based on public cloud providers like AWS/Azure
- Polyglot skills which cover the full stack spectrum (from backend to frontend to DevOps)
- Knowledge of configuration management, fully automated deployment pipelines
- Knowledge of machine learning and related algorithms