On behalf of our Vancouver based client, TalentPartners.js is looking for a Director of Engineering for a full-time, permanent opportunity.
As an established, profitable technology company for over 10 years now, our client has worked with some of the biggest names in the industry, including Apple & Google. Some of North America's top technology icons & evangelists have been vocal about the high quality of their work, and their design team has been classified as one of the best in the world. This has led to increased demand and the creation of cutting edge products (including products that went from nothing, to now multi billion-dollar successes).
To help guide the future vision and continue to build a top tier development team, they are looking for a Director of Engineering to join their growing venture. You'll be working closely with the founders & leadership team on the direction of future projects, and mentoring a group of talented engineers & designers along the way.
Their track-record is a company that's been able to consistently transition an idea all the way to world-class product, and you'll be involved in the end to end product development for some of the world's most innovative companies. Their unsurpassed product portfolio is a testament to the quality of team and work they produce.
Our client also continues to support young entrepreneurs and growing startups through their investment arm, giving them the resources they need to create a wave of future tech successes across the United States and Canada.
The culture and feel of the company is progressive, with an industry leading vacation & remote work policy as part of their benefits package.
Ideally, you have...
- 10+ years of combined software engineering management experience
- Ability to cultivate and grow an excellent product development team
- Desire and ability to work closely with the founders, and other leadership team members, while contributing to and implementing the long term technology vision
- A passion for innovation, and demonstrated ability to turn a promising concept into a world class product, utilizing cutting edge technology
- Aspiration to lead, grow, motivate and improve the performance of your team, including mentoring + teaching engineers of all levels
- Strong understanding of pattern recognition, design patterns, and the inner workings of why best practices are utilized in modern computer science
- Deep knowledge of modern front-end & server-side development, including native mobile technologies
What's nice to have...
- Experience leading teams at high growth startups and enterprise technology companies
- Background of working closely with a product focused team, with a concentration on UI/UX
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, or Engineering