On behalf of our Vancouver, BC based client, TalentPartners.js is looking for a Senior Full Stack Ruby Engineer - Team Lead for a full-time, permanent opportunity.
As one of the top, up and coming big data startups in the Pacific Northwest, our client solves a large optimization problem for some of the word's biggest technology companies, including the most recognized in Silicon Valley. Their client scale is large, with a combined 500 Million unique monthly users and 50 Billion in revenue.
The founding team has built a completely self-funded startup, which is revenue driven by their top-tier clients across North America. The increasing demand for their product has resulted in a doubling of their engineering team over the last year, and a trend that will double again by the end of 2016.
They are now looking for a Engineering Team Lead to help build new features of their web application, scale their product into new markets & mentor/coach their team of 3-4 developers. Using modern technologies, you'll be tackling some very fascinating engineering problems for hundreds of millions of people.
The company culture is very important to them, through an environment that supports collaboration, risk, variety, work-life balance, and taking on new challenges. The benefits package includes a top of market vacation policy and a collection of remote working days.
Ideally, you have...
- 4-5 years of Ruby development experience
- Proficient with MySQL & experience using NoSQL/MongoDb
- An ability to build high performance, large scale applications, with clean code
- Strong understanding of pattern recognition, design patterns, and the inner workings of why best practices are utilized in modern computer science
- Keen interest in providing the mentorship & leadership necessary for talented teams to excel, creating exceptional products efficiently
- Desire to lead, grow, motivate and improve the performance of your team
What's nice to have (not mandatory)…
- Passion to work in a young, high potential startup environment
- Experience leading teams at young, high growth startups
- A desire to grow with the company, taking on greater levels of responsibility over time