On behalf of our client, one of North America's top startups & a Pre-IPO global mobile platform (over $20M+ in funding & one of Canada's top tech companies last year), TalentPartners.js is looking for a Senior Software Engineer in Test, on a full-time, permanent basis at their Downtown Vancouver office.
This role offers the opportunity to join an incredibly passionate & talented team solving engineering problems affecting millions of people.
The Vancouver team is roughly 50+ employees and counting, and they're looking to grow quite steadily over the course of 2016. They are led by Top 40 under 40 founders & supported by a top tier board of directors, which includes some of the world's top tech executives & VCs.
Compensation includes excellent benefits/bonus plan/stock options. Office & culture is one of the best the city has to offer as well.
As a key member of their development team, you'll test their platform & mobile apps, and will be involved in each step of the process from planning to launch.
- Evaluate the necessities and parameters for the testing of web and mobile applications in the development cycle before compiling and automating a suite of test cases
- Work with developers to outline timelines for test cases, bug fixes, and delivery of applications that provide an amazing customer experience
- Speed up QA cycles by using new technologies to build faster and smarter tests and drive the invention and adoption of tools and advanced test methodologies
- Expand testing coverage by enhancing automated test suite capabilities and adding new tests
- Programmatically test the product, measure test coverage, develop the best automation, and drive testability and diagnostic ability into the product, while promoting best practices in quality areas
- Collaborate with cross disciplined teams at various stages to verify the quality of the product
Education, Skills and Requirements
- A degree or diploma in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related field
- 6+ years of software development and testing experience, doing functional, integration, and regression testing
- Passionate about software testing and solving hard problems
- Experience with writing automation tests using OO or functional programming language
- Experience with performance/load/SOAK tests
- Experience writing automated tests for both Android/iOS apps
- Experience running and debugging automated tests in an OO or functional language and hands-on white/grey box testing
- Knowledge of modern best practices for professional software development, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
Nice To Haves
- Experience with test suite software
- Coding experience with functional language
- A background in Mobile development, and implementation
- Experience leading a QA team
- Experience working on AWS based cloud applications