On behalf of our California based client, TalentPartners.js is looking for a Systems & Big Data Engineer for a full-time, permanent opportunity in Vancouver, BC.
Recently acquired by one of the world's best technology companies, our client (headquartered in San Francisco) has established itself as a highly recognized big data company north of the border. They've brought together a talented team, with many engineers coming from Silicon Valley's most recognized enterprise tech companies and startups.
The product they've built provides a critical solution to an immensely large market, with over 50 million users generating billions of requests, resulting in many terabytes of data daily (with no downtime). They are also leveraging cutting edge big data technologies like Hadoop.
They are now looking for a talented, Systems & Big Data Engineer to execute and sustain their highly scalable infrastructure for their platform.
Our clients culture is recognized through their top of market Glassdoor rating (one of highest in Vancouver), and world class startup-style office.
Ideally, you have...
- 5+ years of systems engineering experience
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain a high performing, highly scalable production environment
- Strong understanding of development theory & cluster computing
- Experience working with back-end languages and frameworks, in particular Python and Java
- Previously worked with IT automation and monitoring software
- Very well versed with Linux
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Physics
What's nice to have...
- Experience using big data technologies such as Hadoop, MapReduce & Kafka
- A desire to grow with the company, taking on greater levels of responsibility over time
- Strong understanding of pattern recognition, design patterns, and the inner workings of why best practices are utilized in modern computer science